I just love finding a good Etsy shop, don’t you? Here are a few items/shops that have definitely caught my eye… definitely adding these items to my wishlist:
I’m loving simple statement necklaces lately! This Asymmetric Necklace via Floti would look great with a chambray top or maxi dress. I love that these necklaces tend to be really lightweight—getting weighed down with accessories in this Texas heat is not fun.
This Third Eye Glass Box via Here And Now Shop is so pretty, I don’t think I could manage to put anything in it! I’m currently in the process of redecorating our bedroom, and this would be such a great piece to put on the nightstand.
Pom pom and tassel shorts are huge in Dallas right now—how cool are these Jungle Shorts via Yeah Bunny? They’d be perfect for our upcoming road trip to California. I’ve been wearing the heck out of all of my chambray tops… it’s just so easy to pair them with patterned skirts and shorts for summer!
I feel so wasteful when I use paper towels and napkins. This mismatched Dinner Napkin Set via Retro Menagerie would definitely get some use around here!
I have a few solid-colored planters and vases around the house, so I’m definitely shopping around for a fun little pattered vase. I’ve been lusting after this Eye Pot Ceramic Vase via Kinska Shop for quite some time… but with all of the other options available in their shop, it’s so hard to pick just one!
Yes, I know what you’re thinking: Another set of pom pom shorts?! Yep! These Pom Pom Tassel Shorts via LJC Designss would be great for lounging or pairing with a denim vest and simple tank.
Some days I just don’t feel like doing anything with my hair. This Turban Headband via Reif would be great for those days where I’m too lazy to run some dry shampoo through my hair. It just looks so comfortable!
I tend to be a little messy with my accessories, so any kind of dish or jewelry box is a must. This Speckled Porcelain Ring Dish via The Object Enthusiast would be perfect for our coffee table. I tend to just take everything off as soon as I walk through the door, so anything that may help me stay organized is worth a try!
While I’m redecorating our bedroom, I’m looking for light, airy pieces with a few darker shades thrown in. There is a thing as too much white, so I think this Dark Side Complete Moon Phase via ABJ Glassworks would be a perfect addition to our space. It’s so beautiful!
It seems crazy to already be shopping around for 2015 agendas, right? Well, as much as I don’t want to admit it, the year is already half over and while some resolutions are still a work-in-progress, the other ones have gone out the window completely. However… maybe my problem was that I didn’t have an awesome agenda to help keep me organized. That’s what I’m going to tell myself, anyway…
Imagine my excitement when I open my latest email from Ban.do and these pups are available for pre-order. Done and done.
With these colorful month tabs and fun patterns, I know this is one agenda that I won’t forget to use… I’ve already pre-ordered the dot agenda, and I’m already contemplating pre-ordering some for my girl gang… Which one is your favorite?
I’ve been consistently impressed with Kate Spade‘s summer collection this year. And with a new destination featured every month, it’s making me feel less bummed about spending my entire summer at home. At least I feel well-traveled!
Here are a few of my favorite pieces of the upcoming collection…
- While this black top may look a little Plain Jane, I’m loving the soft, lightweight crepe material. It’s perfect for a hot, humid Texas summer, and can be worn with jeans or dressed up with a patterned trouser.
- These rose printed trousers are so gorgeous. These pants have been on my radar since we first received the look book at the store!
- I’ve been loving dusty rose pinks at the moment, and this Easton tote is even more gorgeous in person. It’s definitely spacious enough for a back-up pair of sandals and a summer read, along with all of my other stuff that I tote around.
- I’ve seen the gem studs from the same collection as this statement necklace, and it’s a great holographic piece. These pieces remind me a lot of metallics—you can wear them and match them with just about anything!
- While I love clutches, I admittedly don’t own too many of them… I’m definitely a hoarder lady when it comes to toting my junk around. This La Rosa Noche clutch definitely brings back memories of my childhood treasure box, which was actually an old repurposed cigar box.
- Cocktail ring, anyone? This fun encrusted petal ring would make a great statement piece for a casual outfit, or a colorful bauble for your next happy hour meet-up.
I’m not a big fan of taking medicine. Usually if I have a headache or am having problems sleeping, taking any kind of pill or syrup is my absolute last resort. I just hate how loopy and hangover it makes me feel!
After reading a bit on essential oils and the many ways to use them (and experiencing some success with using Tea Tree oil for the occasional blemish), I’m thinking that from now on, I’ll just be stocking up on those. Even if they don’t work to eliminate my headaches or help me sleep, at least I can enjoy how wonderful they smell.
The neat thing about essential oils is that they can be used in so many different ways. You can diffuse them, mix them with a carrier oil to apply topically, simply inhale them in your palms… some oils are even able to be taken internally! I’d recommend doing your own research in terms of what works for you, and make sure that the oils you end up purchasing are safe for ingestion—many oils are sold to be diffused or applied topically only.
Here are a few that are definitely on my shopping list this summer…
- Sandalwood Oil – Helps to remedy coughs, throat irritations, nervous disorders, depression and anxiety. It’s also useful for dry, cracked and chapped skin, rashes and acne. Read more about sandalwood uses here.
- Lavender Oil - Helps to ease sleep, reduce swelling and itch in insect bites, and provides relief from sunburns, dandruff, and acne. Read about more lavender oil uses here.
- Rose Absolute Oil – Helps to boost confidence and aid in depression, fade scars and acne marks, reduce headaches (in mild concentration), and helps to reduce cramps. Read more about rose absolute oil uses here.
- Orange Oil – Provides relief from inflammation, anxiety, anger, depression, constipation, and helps to boost immunity. Read more about orange oil uses here.
- Eucalyptus Oil – Helps to reduce asthmatic symptoms, relieve congestion, increase blood flow to the brain, and helps to relieve sore muscles and fever. Read more about eucalyptus oil uses here.
Do you have any experience using essential oils? I’d love any advice!
Even though I grew up as a hopeless tomboy that was repulsed by makeup, I love the idea of having a vanity area now. There’s something about having an area all to myself, surrounded by pretty things, that makes getting ready for date night or even a trip to the ballpark special and inviting.
I’m especially drawn to lighter, airy spaces at the moment, and I’m loving dusty pinks and minerals, especially for the bedroom. After our trip to Marfa, seeing the desert and being disconnected left me with such a peaceful feeling. So with the Marfa memories and the help of One Kings Lane’s Resource Guide, I’d love to replicate those peaceful vibes in our living space. Here are a few of my favorite pieces for a serene vanity:
- Shopping for good mirrors can be tough. I love vintage-inspired mirrors with gold accents, but decided to go with a rounded mirror with a wooden frame. It’s large enough to actually use for a vanity, and the rounded edges definitely give it a peaceful vibe—perfect for a light airy room!
- I’m really big into minerals at the moment. Mark laughs at me because I order tons of them off of Etsy and leave them all around the apartment, but I just love having them around. I love what they represent, and they introduce a lot of unique texture to our living space. Quartz is said to represent clarity, purity and the union of opposites. It definitely reminds me of stopping at a little mineral shop in West Texas—each specimen had a story.
- I’m a recovering black thumb, but I’m slowly but surely getting the hang of having plants in the house and keeping them alive. While I love the idea of a clean, airy vanity, I just wouldn’t feel at home without a pop of color. I love this Dendrobium orchid—the fresh pop of fuchsia would be perfect against a clean, white vanity.
- I’d love to introduce a little natural texture, too. I love this terrarium—and the distressed sandy-colored base adds even more texture to the collection.
- I definitely have a soft spot for 60′s vintage. This vintage-inspired gold embellished mirrored tray is so classic—and perfect for keeping my favorite products on display.
- And of course, I’d need to have a stowaway box to stash accessories. I am in love with this small white box with coral jasper. The corals and pinks definitely remind me of unwinding in the desert, and I am swooning over the gold flecks in the coral jasper.
How would you style your dream vanity?
All pieces via One Kings Lane
Working later hours means that I actually have time to sit and enjoy breakfast! Avocado toast is definitely a good way to go for a cooking novice like me. Extra sriracha, please!
My friend Olivia and I have been worshipping this book lately. It’s a must-read for anyone out there who is ready to get out there and make things happen.
I’ve been treating myself to gel manicures lately—I forgot how nice it is to not worry about chipping my nails! If your nails grow quickly, I’d recommend a reverse half-moon style like the one above. No one will know that it’s growing out!
I’ve been pining after these Baublebar earrings for quite some time, and I finally ordered them! I definitely recommend them if you favor lighter earrings… those heavy statement pieces give me a headache. They come in a ton of other colors, too!
You can follow more of my adventures via Instagram.
What have you been up to lately?
Is it just me or are summer Birchbox subscriptions always better? Maybe it’s because I’m already switching out my cold-weather products for light summer options, but this month’s Birchbox certainly did not disappoint. I was able to try a few products on my wishlist, along with some new-to-me favorites that I’ll definitely be trying again in the future. Here’s what I received this month…
I’m not a fragrance enthusiast—I tend to pick one fragrance and stick to it. But since I was feeling a bit adventurous, I spritzed this sample on before heading off to work and Mark immediately commented on how much he liked it. Maybe I’ll start a rotation— And I definitely loved that this sample came as a spray… I never use those small vials of fragrance.
I’ve had wonderful results with Caudalie’s products (the Beauty Elixir is a MUST HAVE), so I was excited to finally receive one of their samples this month. Truthfully, after being on this prescription benzoyl peroxide cream and experiencing some major dryness, I’ve been a little worried about premature wrinkles as a result of this drying medication. Drinking water and gently exfoliating twice a week has helped, but since I’m edging towards my thirties, finding a good anti-aging product should probably be on my radar anyway. This serum is very lightweight and dries quickly without leaving a sticky residue.
I’ve been obsessing over dusty rose pinks lately, so I was immediately drawn to the color and packaging of these Davine Love products. The shampoo sample was huge! Since my hair is past my shoulders and I’m a bit of a conditioner enthusiast, I used the smaller sample of the conditioner in one use, but am on day four of using the shampoo. I’m grateful to receive such a large sample of the shampoo, because honestly I wasn’t too impressed with the shampoo until the third time that I used it.
This cult favorite has been on my wishlist for quite some time—I can’t believe I just now got around to trying it! One thing that immediately surprised me was the texture of the product. I was expecting a skin cream, but this was more like a balm. The sample size was perfect for stashing in my purse so I could try it throughout the day. It was perfect for keeping my hands moisturized at work, relieving dry lips and even applying to my elbows and knees. One of my co-workers had been experiencing some itchy arms due to mosquito bites, but after applying a bit of this miracle cream, they didn’t bother her anymore. This is definitely one product that I will be using in the future.
While the color looks great at first, the texture of my lips just don’t seem to agree with the colors that Birchbox sends me. This lighter shade looked foreign on my face, and definitely brought out the flaky and cracked texture of my lips, no matter how much I exfoliated before applying. I tried it alone and layered over another product, and then gave up hope and gifted it to a blonde friend of mine. It looks great on her!
What did you think of your Birchbox samples this month? Share in the comments!
father’s day is coming up, do you have anything special planned yet? i know from experience that the men in my life can be way harder to shop for than the women, so i’ve rounded up a few gifting ideas…
shop the items:
what do you have planned for father’s day?